From The Galley Of Chef Henri Hurrier
Striped Bass Napoleon
- You’ll need one medium bass per serving.
- Remove the bones by making two nice fillets.
- Rub filets with olive oil.
- Get your barbecue grill ready and hot.
- Mark the skin of the fish.
- Turn fire to low.
- Cover the filets with aluminum foil.
- Cook for seven minutes.
- Remove filets and set them, open-faced, on a platter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- While filets are cooking, sauté fresh garlic, sliced mushrooms, bay shrimps, salt and pepper, one-half cup of white wine, and the juice of one-half lemon.
Chef Henri said that if you serve this on April Fool’s Day, first just give your guests a plate of the bones and call it “Bass Bonaparte.” Leave it to Henri!